Spend your summer in Italy!
Internship applications are due by Dec. 1, 2014!
For ten weeks each summer, students live and work on the beautiful Amalfi coast of Italy. Many of the world's finest hotels and restaurants, as designated by Conde Naste, are located in this region, which is located approximately 30 miles south of Naples on the Mediterranean Sea. Student interns work five or six days per week in the kitchens of one of these leading resorts. In addition to the work experience, students participate in field trips and other cultural immersion activities.
May 15-July 31, 2015
(tentative and subject to change)
Attend the orientation from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Monday, October 13, Room 122, Center for Applied Learning and Technology (CALT), 101 College Parkway, Arnold, MD 21012. Call Wendy Melchor at 410-777-2114 for more information.
Accommodations will be modest. Students may be housed at the worksite or in a local apartment near work. Most students will be sharing a room.
To participate, you must:
- Have a current U.S. passport that is valid until at least April 2016.
- Be registered in a culinary degree or certificate program or be a graduate of a culinary degree or certificate program.
- Successfully complete an Italian language course. (This is outside the required course of study for any HRM degree or certificate program.)
- Receive medical clearance.
- Successfully pass a pre-trip practical exam.
- Successfully complete pre-screening interviews and written exercises.
Applications are due by Dec. 1, 2014, for the summer of 2015, and must be accompanied by a copy of your passport, a letter of recommendation from a chef instructor, a physician's certificate, liability and release forms, photographic and video release forms, participant data sheet, and an admissions application if you are not matriculated at AACC. All forms will be available at the information session in October.
Call 410-777-7073 with any questions regarding the HCAT International Culinary Internship program.
The cost is approximately $4,500 for in-state students, $5,000 for out-of-state students. Exact costs will be determined based on currency exchange rates, flight costs and student housing costs.