April 21, 2016
Increase completion by transforming the culture of the institution to ensure equity and that the college remains student-ready and committed to academic excellence.
GOAL: ENGAGEMENT & ENTRY
Increase connection and enrollment of all students through a college-wide emphasis on equity, student success, and academic excellence.
Engage all students from entry to the first day in class.
- Implement mandatory new student orientation.
- All award-seeking students will complete an academic plan prior to registration.
- Implement areas of academic focus.
Improve recruitment and entry experience for students to increase enrollment.
- Re-engineer application and registration processes.
- Overhaul and re-launch college website.
- Identify and implement a plan that results in an increase in the number of nontraditional age students who apply and enroll.
Engage internal and community stakeholders to increase college readiness.
- Expand and enhance dual enrollment offerings with Anne Arundel County Public Schools.
- Scale Accuplacer preparation programs to reduce number of developmental courses needed by incoming students.
- Secure external resources that support student success initiatives.
Increase progress of all students through a college-wide emphasis on equity, student success, and academic excellence.
Increase student engagement with faculty, staff, and resources by leveraging technology.
- Implement and use student planning module to increase (1) use of academic plans and (2) student engagement with faculty, staff, and resources and (3) career exploration opportunities.
- Redesign the faculty referral and early alert system.
Focus on teaching excellence to implement college-wide professional development opportunities.
- Eradicate achievement gaps at the course level.
- Increase gatekeeper course success rates.
Scale up and develop programs college-wide to increase progress toward completion.
- Implement developmental education pathways.
- Scale Student Achievement and Success Program (SASP).
Increase completion of all students through a college-wide emphasis on equity, student success, and academic excellence.
Use data regarding entry, progress and completion to scale programs that advance students toward completion, transfer, licensure, certification and/or job placement.
- Develop, implement, and scale college-wide programs to track post-completion placement.
Build internal bridges to fulfill and operationalize a continuum of learning.
- Develop credit on-ramps for students exiting noncredit programs.
Build a community of inclusive excellence that promotes success for all students.
- Establish a college-wide framework that intentionally addresses issues of diversity, equity and inclusion.