How do I apply for Financial Aid?
In order to apply for financial aid, you must complete the following application each year:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Use school code 002104 for the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB)
When do I apply?
- It is recommended that you apply between January 1 - March 1 each academic year
- For state scholarships, the FAFSA must be submitted by March 1
- Note: you will need to complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA application for the summer 2014 semester
What am I eligible for?
- With a Bachelor's degree, you may be eligible for Federal Direct Loans and/or Private Loans. You may be eligible for State Scholarships if you submit the FAFSA by March 1
What type of loans am I eligible for?
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- Grad PLUS Loans
- Private Loans
How much can I borrow?
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan: contact UMB
- Grad PLUS Loans: contact UMB
- Private Loans: Depends on your educational-related expenses. Maximum amount is the coast of attendance as determined by UMB Financial Aid Office less any financial aid awarded
What is the cost of attendance?
- Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, books, supplies, transportation, living expenses, and additional expenses for the PA program which are established each year by the UMB Financial Aid Office
Am I a graduate/professional student?
- YES - the PA program at AACC is an undergraduate program that results in a professional certificate from AACC and a Master's of Science from UMB
Who do I contact at University of Maryland, Baltimore?