Future Students


Grants and scholarships are free money to help students pay for college.  Grants are often need-based, while scholarships are usually based on academic or other achievements. 

AACC, along with many other organizations, offer scholarships that may be within your reach. We strongly encourage all students to apply for AACC and external scholarships. The best time to start collecting information is now!

AACC Scholarships

1. AACC Institutional Scholarships:

  • Use this application to apply for 180 different scholarships with a wide range of eligibility requirements. Awards range from $200 to $3,000 per year. Most, but not all, of these scholarships require financial need.
  • Apply for these scholarships online after you have been offered AACC admission and received access to MyAACC.   Equally important, AACC must have received your FAFSA and all requested documentation to be considered. Applications received by April 15 will receive priority consideration.

2. En­gineering Scholars Program:

If you ­are interested in the ESP program and would like to apply, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Have a strong interest in pursuing a career in Engineering or Engineering Technologies field
  • Have a desire to become actively engaged in your learning by conducting research or participating in an internship.
  • Be enrolled full-time at AACC as an Engineering or Engineering Technologies major currently or for the semester after you apply for ESP program
  • Have a minimum GPA of 2.75
  • Submit a FAFSA form along with your application to document you need financial assistance

 3.  Continuing Education Scholarships:

The AACC Continuing Education Scholarship provides up to $1,000 toward tuition and lab fees for noncredit continuing education classes leading to entry-level work in Maryland's critical labor shortage areas.  Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis until funds are depleted.  

4.  Departmental Scholarships

Several academic departments offer and administer their own scholarships. Please contact the departments directly for more information about these scholarships. For your convenience, here are some of the department home pages which offer departmental scholarships: 

State Scholarships

Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC)

MHEC offers at least 14 different aid programs for community college students. To apply for many but not all of these programs you must submit a FAFSA by March 1. Most of them also require an additional application. View a summary of MHEC programs.

Some MHEC programs have very broad eligibility criteria. Some require financial need. Many are based on student or parent membership in a unique group (veterans, Maryland National Guard, foster-care, Military Service in Iraq or Afghanistan, and other groups). Other programs are targeted toward specific career fields such as child care, education, emergency medical services, gerontology, human services, nursing, physical and occupational therapy, and public service.
View a full description of all available MHEC programs

See if you qualify for The Edward T. Conroy Memorial Scholarship Program.PDF

Outside Scholarships

Searching for private scholarships is a lot like a sales job, the more doors you knock on the greater your chance of success. It pays to be organized and persistent. Visit Federal Student Aid - Scholarships for scholarship search tips and resources.  Remember to start your scholarship search early and be aware of application deadlines.

The following websites offer online scholarship search engines. You may also contact your local clubs or other organizations directly to determine whether they offer scholarship opportunities. 

Before you apply for financial aid and scholarships, visit Federal Student Aid - Avoiding Scams to learn how to spot potential fraud, avoid paying for free services, and prevent identity theft.

Depending on the type and amount of the award, "need-based" aid may need to be adjusted if a student receives additional outside scholarships.

Transfer Scholarships

To search for Transfer Scholarships (Regents, Jack Kent Cooke, UMUC, etc) review our List of Transfer Scholarships. If you are transferring to another school, contact their financial aid offices and/or Admissions Offices and apply for any transfer scholarships that they offer.