The Visual Arts Department seeks qualified web designers who are actively working in the industry to teach part-time during the spring and/or fall 2014 semesters.
Qualifications: Master's or Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years demonstrated professional experience, and a professional portfolio link to original web design work (with links to live sites). Previous teaching experience or online teaching experience, a plus.
- hand-coding sites using HTML/CSS with a text editor
- create custom design comps using Photoshop and/or Fireworks
- build static sites from the ground up using industry standard WYSIWYG editors like Dreamweaver, etc.
- staging sites on an FTP server
- knowledge of evolving HTML5 standards and CSS3
- an understanding of accesiblility from a design standpoint (proper use of CSS, color, layout - NO tables, etc.)
Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio link to Professor Jennifer Schuster at