The Achieving the Dream (AtD) team at Anne Arundel Community College is comprised of a leadership team, a core team, a data team, and several intervention teams. The leadership team will provide overall direction, oversight and leadership for AtD initiatives at AACC.
Responsibilities of AACC's Core Team
- Identify existing values, assumptions, structures, policies, procedures and systems at the college that nurture and/or impede student success and retention.
- Consider leverage points to improve student outcomes by leading a process for setting institutional priorities, goals, strategies and indicators for success.
- Engage students, faculty, community members, and others in understanding their role in promoting student success and retention.
- Provide leadership in the college-wide promotion of diversity, equity and cultural responsiveness to support student success and retention.
- Ensure that strategies are aligned with the college budget and strategic plan in order to promote sustainability and scalability.
- Provide leadership to spread a culture of inquiry, reflection, and commitment to student success throughout the college.
- Implement a robust institutional professional development program that promotes student success and retention in alignment with AtD initiatives.
- Implement a marketing plan to continually provide information the college community regarding the work and accomplishments of AtD.
- Develop AtD reports, in conjunction with VPLSS and PRIA.
Members of AACC's Core Team
Core Team Co-Chairs
Ivan L. Harrell, PH.D., Jean Runyon
Data Team Co-Chairs
Ricka Fine, SC.D., Alicia Morse
Redesign and Acceleration of Developmental English
Steve Canaday, Patrice Lyons
Redesign and Acceleration of Developmental Math
Alycia Marshall, Bonnie Lasher
New Student Orientation
Terry Clay, Sandy King
Kristen Vickery, Robyn Toman
New Student Advising
Bonnie Garrett, Jennifer Lara
John Grabowski, Dan Symancyk
Public Relations and Marketing
Representative, Diversity Committee