Before you decide which CACHE course or program is right for you, research the industry to learn about careers, and learn more about the CACHE program course offerings using the links on the CACHE Homepage and college website. If you still are unsure, the CACHE Project Manager and college advisors can help you.
There are two steps to apply for training use CACHE grant funds: eligibility determination and college application/registration.
1. CACHE GRANT ELIGIBILITY DETERMINATION:
- Maryland Energy Sector Partnership Grant Eligibility: You must meet with a Case Manager at a One-Stop Career Center to confirm that you are eligible for funding through the Maryland Energy Sector Partnership (MESP) grant. Click here for contact information.
2. COLLEGE REGISTRATION
- After the One-Stop case manager has confirmed that you are eligible for grant funding, you will receive information on how to apply to the college and register for classes using grant funding.
- FOR-CREDIT PROGRAMS ONLY: You should not REGISTER for the courses until you have completed the ELIGIBILITY DETERMINATION process (#1 ABOVE), but you can begin the college ADMISSIONS process at any time (and should definitely do so if it is getting close to the semester registration deadline).
- Apply online at the college you would like to attend (only if you have never applied to that college before).
- Contact the college testing and assessment office to arrange for testing or provide a transcript if you have already taken college courses.