Our CDL Class B course is available as a 5-day weekday series or 3-week weekend series. In order to enroll you must meet the following requirements.
- 18 years or older
- possess a good driving record
- be able to read road signs and maps in English
You must be committed to a training period attending both the classroom lecture courses at the Anne Arundel Community College, Glen Burnie location and the driving range and highway training in Baltimore.
If you would like to learn more, a mandatory pre-registration interview is required. You can make these arrangements by calling Jim Wright at 410-777-2935.
Certificate code: CE.CDL-CLASS-B
OCA-343 CDL Class B
This course is designed to prepare students to pass the Motor Vehicle Administrations Commercial Drivers License Class B examination and road test.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how air brakes work and demonstrate ability to use them safely and effectively
- Discuss National Safety Council guidelines for transporting hazardous materials, recognizing and reporting malfunctions and accident scene conduct and reporting
- Demonstrate ability to drive a Class B vehicle and ability to maintain vehicle as well as change tires
- Demonstrate ability to drive Class B vehicle under unusual and/or hazardous conditions