Construction estimators are primarily responsible for preparing a cost summary for a construction project including the cost of labor, equipment, materials, subcontractors, overhead, taxes, insurance, markup and any additional costs that may affect the project.
- Expected growth potential of 25 percent through 2018.
- Expected earned income between $19 to $33 per hour, depending on the industry and job.
- In partnership with Construction Experts Inc.
- Program consists of six online courses.
OCA-507 - Introduction to Construction Estimating
OCA 508 - Essential Construction Math
OCA 509 - Construction Blueprint Reading
OCA 510 - Estimating and Bidding 1
- Prerequisite courses - OCA 507 and OCA 509
OCA 511 - Estimating and Bidding 2
- Prerequisite courses - OCA 507, OCA 508 and OCA 509
OCA 512 - Construction Materials and Processes
- Approved by the American Society of Professional Estimators.
$479 per course for Anne Arundel County residents, including tuition and fees.
- Must be 16 years old.
- Microsoft Excel software skills
- Experience in the construction industry is recommended to be successful in the training, but not required.
- Students receive Continuing Education Units and a Certificate of Completion.
For more information call 410-777-2447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.