A primary goal of Anne Arundel Community College’s mission is to promote full participation of all students in college life. The services listed seek to provide equal access to educational opportunities for persons with disabilities. Before any accommodation can be made, however, all self-identified students must provide current documentation of their disability.
*Note: Accommodations provided are based on a student’s individual case. Not all accommodations are available to all students.
- Applications and registration assistance
- Note takers, readers, and/or scribes
- Testing modifications
- Books on tape
- Lab assistants
- Sign language interpreters
- Amplification systems
- Voice Synthesizer
- Computers equipped with software: Dragon Dictate, (voice recognition system for dictation), Zoom Text (system for enlarging test), Kurzweil Reader (system for scanning and producing text verbally), JAWS (computer screen reader)
- Chair lift in the Humanities building
- Swimming pool lift to enter and exit the pool
- Special parking areas equipped with curb cuts and ramps located close to classroom buildings (license tags for those with disabilities are obtained through the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA).
Other Assistive Services
- TTY (telecommunications device for the deaf and hearing impaired)
- Maryland Relay (1-800-735-2258 or 711)
- CCTV (text enlarger)
- Accounting lab
- Math lab
- Peer tutoring
- Reading and study skills lab
- Science tutoring center and open labs
- Writing labs
Disability Support Services and DSS faculty liaisons endeavor to educate faculty, staff and administrators so that they are more aware and responsive to the needs of students with disabilities.
For additional information please call Mimi Stoops at 410-777-2307, option 1.