Adjunct Faculty, Nursing Department
- Clinical and or lab instruction, all specialty areas, for RN or PN program
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and recent clinical experience required
- Teaching experience and Master’s degree in Nursing preferred
To apply, call Beth Batturs, Director of Nursing at 410-777-7352 or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adjunct Faculty, Nursing Instructors for the Licensed Nurse Refresher Program
Part-time (Evenings & Weekends)
Instructors will be teaching RNs and LPNs with active or inactive Maryland licenses, in order to update their knowledge of medical and surgical nursing including anatomy and physiology, major disease pathology, emergency medicine, current treatment strategies and legal issues in nursing.
AACC is currently seeking RNs for the following positions, in the Fall 2012 term:
- BSN prepared RN, with minimum 2-4 years recent practice experience (preferably AA County) to teach 3-hour lectures on a variety of topics in the Licensed Nurse Refresher program. Most materials (power point presentations and quizzes as well as online resources) are available.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- BSN prepared RN, with minimum 2-4 years recent clinical experience (preferably AA County) to arrange for clinical in the nurse refresher class and to supervise and evaluate Nurse Refresher students in acute and sub-acute care.
- Will be required to commit to a minimum of 2, preferably 3, full weekend clinical rotations. Some Preceptor and or/clinical instruction experience required.
- The clinical instructor in the Licensed Nurse Refresher Program meets periodically with the Health Services Coordinator and the Lead Instructor for course planning purposes. Be available periodically to discuss student activities, student performance problems or difficulties with the clinical facilities.
- Attend AAMC faculty orientation.
- Oversee students for 4 clinical weekends, plan student assignments and meet with students at the end of each clinical weekend to review the clinical experience, identify strengths and weaknesses, and provide an opportunity for reflection, guide students in developing their Plan for Success, and complete students’ final evaluation, and report results to lead instructor.
Skills Lab Instructors
- The skills lab instructor in the Licensed Nurse Refresher program meets with the health professions coordinator and Lead Instructor for course planning, student activities, and student performance issues.
- RN, BSN will precept one weekend of psychomotor skills and one weekend of physical assessment skills, monitor student performance, is responsible for student adherence to psychomotor and physical assessment skills lab checklist, and reports student performance to the Lead Instructor.
- The Lead Instructor in the Licensed Nurse Refresher Program meets periodically with AACC's health services coordinator and coordinates with the virtual instructor to schedule instructors and complete/adjust the course, for course/faculty assessment, course planning, student activities and student performance issues. The Lead Instructor is expected to be present during the first hour of all Monday evening classes to set up the room for presentations, introduce lecturers, review take-home quizzes and address student issues. The lead instructor maintains student records and completed the final paperwork required. In addition, acts as a substitute instructor or procures a back-up instructor if needed.
All instructors require an active Maryland Registered Nursing license and a baccalaureate degree in nursing; a minimum of 3 years of clinical and teaching experience preferred. Continuing Professional Education is also in search of RN, BSN’s who are interested in developing new courses in specialty areas for the health care population. We are in search of skilled, quality-nursing instructors interested in teaching new, upcoming and interesting topics.
For more information or if interested please contact Mar-Lynn Mickens at 410-777-2560 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.