Facilities Maintenance & Operations
The following are the mandatory requirements to receive AACC fleet vehicle driving privileges:
- The applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- At least 5 years of driving experience.
- Must possess a current, valid State of Maryland Driver’s License <or> Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement and provide a copy.
- Must authorize the release of a Department of Motor Vehicle Record and satisfy internal standards for driving authorization.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to safely operate the assigned vehicle according to AACC, State and FMCSA regulations.
- Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Each driver is responsible for pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections, completion of the Vehicle Inspection Report for the assigned vehicle and submitting documentation of service hours in a timely fashion.
- Provide safe and courteous transportation service for AACC students, faculty, staff and/or guests.
- Mandatory participation in periodic training sessions and meetings regarding fleet service vehicles.
- Proper reporting of any and all incidents, accidents and traffic violations.
- Cooperate with the Incident Review Committee and/or other groups as necessary.
- Responsible for assuring that all passengers utilize restraint devices equipped within the vehicle.
- Do not utilize a cell phone while driving a College vehicle.
- Comply with all Fleet Services policies and procedures.
- Operate the vehicle in compliance with all applicable Motor Vehicle Laws and in a manner which will not discredit the College.
- Provide passenger assistance as necessary.
- Determine the vehicle load/passenger count is within the capacity of the vehicle.
- Ensure when traveling in more than one vehicle to proceed in convoy fashion. If one vehicle stops, all vehicles stop as soon as conditions are safe to do so.
- Do not permit unauthorized personnel to drive College vehicles.
Part-time, as needed
$12/hour Class C and $20/hour CDL
To apply, please email a completed Anne Arundel Community College Job Application and required Supplemental DOT Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.