Continuing Professional Education
Present prepared customer service course materials to the following MTA employees:
- Directors and managers.
- Supervisors and superintendents.
- Front line staff.
- Behind the scenes staff.
- New union and contract employees.
- New management employees.
Follow the AACC adjunct faculty instructional guidelines, policies, and administrative duties.
Promote world class customer service as a key element of the MTA mission.
Facilitate meaningful and productive conversations during instructional sessions or with special working groups.
Attend internal instructor training session before teaching courses.
Attend quarterly team meetings as scheduled.
- Minimum ten years of experience teaching/instructing adult learners in a corporate business and public agency environment.
- Experience and expertise with customer service training concepts.
- Proven record of ability to elicit group participation from non-participatory learners.
- Ability to travel to and work in Baltimore City and adjacent counties with reliable personal transportation.
- Capable of individually establishing and maintaining a focused learning environment for 3-6 hours.
- Engaging personality comfortable with meeting diverse people in challenging settings.
- Basic to advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, and various video/audio equipment systems.
- Prior experience working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently for class set-up, processing paperwork, etc.
- Personal knowledge of and/or experience with public transportation systems.
- Confidence to provide critical analysis of and recommend improvements to curriculum effectiveness.
- Experience leading facilitation groups up to 25 people.
- Bachelor’s degree or professional experience in: communications, human resources and workforce development.
Start times vary based on course and location, but may be as early as 6 a.m. or as late as 12 p.m.
To apply, submit cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-454-1893.
Please include a minimum of three professional references.