The EMT-Intermediate Program is designed to be completed through part-time evening classes in three to four semesters with some daytime clinicals. At the completion of the program, individuals will be eligible to take the Maryland state EMT-I certification exam (there is a fee for the state exam).
This program of study may be designated as a Health Manpower Shortage Tuition Reduction Program. Please refer to the college's Accounts Receivable Office to confirm this designation.
EMT-Intermediate Certificate (EMT-I)
Purpose: Prepares students for state licensure as an EMT-I
Total Credit Hours: A minimum of 27 credit hours
Range of Occupations: EMT-I in local emergency medical services system, inter-hospital transport, or in an industry or health care setting.
Gainful Employment Information
EMT - Intermediate Admission Requirements
- The first step is to attend an information session or complete an online information session. These informal sessions cover admission and academic requirements, the application and selection process, curriculum, and career opportunities.
- Must satisfactorily complete all admission and academic requirements prior to submitting a program application.
- Applications for the fall 2017 Intermediate class will be available online and in Florestano 100 in December 2016. The application deadline will be March 15, 2017. If application deadline falls on a weekend, applications will be accepted until the close of business the next business day.
- Submit complete applications to Florestano 100 by the application deadline.
- Admission to the program is separate from admission to the college.
- First consideration for selection will be given to candidates whose resident address is in Anne Arundel County for at least three months prior to the date the application is submitted (address verification required). Out-of-county applicants will be reviewed only when space is available. *ALL applicants must complete an Address Verification for Health Sciences form and submit it to: Anne Arundel Community College, Records Office-SSVC 140, 101 College Parkway, Arnold, MD 21012.
- Conditional acceptance is given to qualified applicants who meet all admission and academic requirements based on the established selection criteria.
- Final acceptance in the program shall be contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background check, a health examination record, submission of required CPR verification, and satisfactory completion of a urine drug screen.