is Anne Arundel Community College's Journal for the Creative Arts. It is a student-run and edited journal that is published once a year through funding from the AACC Student Organization and generous donations from Tim and Darlene Barnum and an anonymous donor.
Amaranth is already accepting submissions for the 2012-2013 edition!
Please submit poetry, prose (fiction or creative nonfiction), drama, original music or artwork to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
For your submission to be considered, you must meet the following specifications:
- Both poetry and prose should be submitted in the body of the e-mail and as an attachment (to save special text formatting)
- Artwork may be submitted electronically as a .tif file or a .jpeg file
- When you submit your work be sure to include the following contact information:
- your name
- your current home address
- your current e-mail address
- your phone number
- You should either be a current or former student of Anne Arundel Community College to submit work for Amaranth.
- The deadline for submissions is February 15, 2013.
We strive to represent the diversity of the student body. The work is put through a careful and anonymous review process by the student editors, staff and faculty advisors. Authors will be notified by e-mail if their work is accepted. We maintain flexibility during the layout process to make the most cohesive journal possible; therefore, no work is guaranteed acceptance until the final publication. All authors and artists who submit their work retain individual copyrights.
Amaranth Competitions: $25 prize per category!
Amaranth seeks entries in the categories of: art, one-act play, personal essay, poetry and short fiction.
You must be a current or former AACC student. Winners will see their work featured in the 2012-2013 issue of Amaranth.
E-mail entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Co-Editors-in-chief: Kristen Cranford & Megan Dailey firstname.lastname@example.org
Layout Editor: Amanda Remick
Editorial board: Paige Godwin, Camille Moore
(If you are interested in working on Amaranth during the 2012-2013 school year, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Faculty advisors: Susan Cohen & Garrett Brown