Future Students

ESL Advising and Registration


Registration Information 


Who is eligible to attend English as a Second Language (ESL) classes?

Anyone 17 years or older whose native language is not English. Students must have a valid visa, be a resident, or be a U.S. citizen.

How will I register for English for Academic Purposes (EAP) classes and where?

1. First fill out an admissions application online or in person at any of the AACC campus locations: Student Services Center, first floor, on the Arnold Campus, Glen Burnie Town Center, or Arundel Mills. 

New Students  must submit an application to the Admissions and Enrollment Development Office before registering.

2. Take the ESL placement test at the testing center. This test is free and does not require an appointment.

3. Bring your test results and talk with an advisor at the ESL office on the Arnold campus, Johnson Building, room 206, about the classes you should take.

4. Sign up for classes by filling out the class registration form at the following locations:

Arnold Campus 
Johnson Building 
Room 206 
  Glen Burnie Town Center 
Room 217 
  Arundel Mills 
Student Services Office 
Room 105 

5. Pay course tuition costs online, by mail, by phone, or in person at any of the 3 AACC campus locations.

What if I don't currently live in the United States and would like to attend ESL classes at AACC?

Please see the admissions information pertaining to international students.

Can a high school student attend ESL classes?

Yes, with the permission from the school's principal. A student must submit a concurrent enrollment form.