If you are creative and love flowers you might enjoy a career in floral design. Floral designers work in florists, garden stores and flower wholesalers.
Certificate code: CE.FLOR-FLORAL-ARRG
DESIGN CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
We offer the following as a certificate program in Floral Design, come check it
What is the training?
Training consists of eight core, noncredit courses and two electives. The eight
core courses are recommended to be taken in sequence and the entire training
can be completed in as little as 12 months.
What courses will I take?
FLD 304 -
Floriculture 1: Basic Floral Design - 15hrs.
- Floriculture 1: Lab 6hrs.
- Floriculture 2: Intermediate Floral Design - 15 hours
Floriculture 3: Advanced Floral Design - 15 hours
- Floriculture 3: Lab - 6hrs.
- Floriculture: Capstone 3hrs
- Sympathy Flowers - 6hrs.
- Wedding: Personal Flowers - 6hrs.
Students then choose two electives from the following courses:
- Cascading Bridal Bouquets 3hrs.
- Fresh Flower Care and Handling 3hrs.
- Wedding: Ceremony Flowers 6hrs.
- Party and Event Flowers 6hrs.
- Prom, Body, and Fashion Flowers 6hrs.
Classes that are not included in our Floral Design certificate are available
on our Home and Garden page:
- Autumn Flowers
- Winter Flowers
- Start Your Own Floral Business
What credentials can I earn?
Upon successful completion of all ten noncredit courses,
students will earn an AACC continuing education certificate. To
receive the AACC certificate students must complete and submit the
form to our office. The form and instructions can be found at www.aacc.edu/coned/certificates.
What are the requirements?
Student must be at least 16 years old.
How do I enroll?
by fax, mail, in person. Use certificate code
CE.FLOR-FLORAL-ARRG. Visit www.aacc.edu/noncredit for details.
For more information
contact 410-777-2325 or Carol Cassidy at email@example.com