New and Returning HCAT Students
Welcome! Please login to MyAACC to access your HCAT Student Resource Center.
After registering for your first courses, all HCAT students should visit the Student Resource Center for news and information on the program. The HCAT SRC is located under the Community Groups section of the Virtual Campus. To access the Virtual Campus, sign into MyAACC, and click on the VCampus icon at the top right of the screen.
HCAT'S Mandatory Student Orientation is online!
Also located in the HCAT Student Resource Center is the mandatory Student Orientation, a self-paced introduction to HCAT Institute. Please complete the orientation before the start of your first class. The orientation is found on the Virtual Campus web site here.
HCAT Student Handbook
Please download the Student Handbook PDF and bring the four forms located at the back of the handbook to your first class.
- New uniforms are available through the College Store located in the Student Services building in Arnold or Glen Burnie Town Center, or you may order online at CulinaryClassics.
- You can bring your uniform to Maryland Monogram in Pasadena to have it embroidered.
- If ordering online, you may want to print out and follow these online uniform instructions.PDF
Prospective HCAT Students
If you are interested in becoming a credit, degree- or certificate-seeking hospitality and culinary student, follow these 10 easy steps to enroll:
10 Easy Steps to Becoming an HCAT student
Step 1 - Review HCAT Programs on the HCAT Web page or visit the college catalog.
Step 2 - Apply to College – application is free!
You can apply online, by mail or in person at the Arnold Camps, Glen Burnie Town Center, Arundel Mills or Fort Meade Army Education Center.
Step 3 - Seek and Complete Financial Aid Information and Application
Step 4 - Take Placement Tests
If you are a new student pursuing a degree and have not completed courses at other colleges in the areas of mathematics, English, or reading, then you are required to take a placement test. You can use ACT or SAT scores instead of college placement scores. Placement testing scores can be transferred within the community college system of Maryland. Placement test for AACC's students is FREE! Visit or call one of AACC's testing Offices: Arnold 410-777-2375 and GBTC 410-777-2906.
Step 5 - Meet with an AACC College Advisor
One of AACC's college advisors can help you select your general Education courses and provide transfer information.
Step 6 - Meet with an HCAT Faculty Advisor
Once you've met with a college advisor and know whether you plan to transfer to a four-year school and determine what general education courses are required, an HCAT advisor can talk with you about your area of interest help you select hospitality and culinary courses that fit your needs.
Prospective Pastry Students:
David Ludwig, 410-777-2063, email@example.com
Louise Nielsen 410-777-2065, firstname.lastname@example.org
Virginia Olson, 410-777-2208, email@example.com
Prospective Culinary Students:
Shawn Harlan, 410-777-1178, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ken Jarvis, 410-777-2722, email@example.com
John Johnson, 410-777-1225, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospective Hospitality Students:
Ken Jarvis, 410-777-2722, email@example.com
Lou Woods, 410-777-1156, firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 7 - Register for Classes
To register for credit classes and browse course schedules, please visit AACC's Records and Registration.
Step 8 - Order Uniforms, Knives and Books
Uniforms can be ordered online at Culinary Classics or from the College Bookstore. Knives and books must be purchased from the college bookstore. If ordering online, you may want to print out and follow these online uniform instructions.PDF
Step 9 - Attend AACC Student Orientation
Attend Anne Arundel Community College's New Student Orientation.
Step 10 - Complete HCAT's New Student Orientation - Online Presentation
Complete a mandatory online new student orientation once you have registered for classes.
To get started, please follow these instructions:
1. First log onto MyAACC.
2. Look for the icons on the top right of the site. They should read “e-mail”, calendar”, “groups” and “vcampus”
3. Click on the vcampus icon. This will take you to Angel, our learning management platform where all of our web-based, hybrid and online courses are presented.
4. Scroll down the list of courses and select the HCAT Student Resource Center for your starting semester under Community Groups
5. Click on the Content Tab, and select the HCAT Student Orientation and Quiz
6. Once you have completed the orientation, you will need to take the orientation quiz in the same tab. Completion of this quiz is required, and will be tracked by your HRM instructors.
If you have any questions, please contact us.