You can prepare for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) designation by taking noncredit coursework (The SHRM Learning System) at AACC. AACC offers both classroom and online courses.
Visit the Society of Human Resource Management to see eligibility requirements for SHRM exams. Click on HR Certificate Institute.
The SHRM Learning System® course is a 12 week program designed to provide you with an overview of key areas in human resource management. Materials include six modules that correspond to the six functional areas, responsibilities, and associated knowledge as defined by the HR Certification Institute. The program is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) as study material for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR®) and Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®) certification examinations administered by the HR Certification Institute.
Besides being a powerful tool to assist you in preparing for the PHR or SPHR certification exams, the SHRM Learning System Course also provides professional development for you and your HR department with content that is updated with the latest HR policies and legislation. The course provides a solid foundation for managing the HR challenges you face in today's demanding work environment; it supplies a current reference of HR practices, broadens the perspective of functional specialists, and strengthens individual competencies and productivity.
By enrolling in this course, you’ll benefit from:
- Experienced instructors present the SHRM Learning System materials in an easy-to-understand format.
- Training close to home.
- A structured learning environment to keep you on schedule.
- Opportunity to build your peer network.
- Course fees often qualify for tuition reimbursement.
- 3.5 continuing education units (CEUs) for successful completion of the course.
Who Should Enroll?
- Employee Benefits Managers
- Senior Managers new to the Human Resources field
- Employment Managers
- Training Directors
- Human Resource staff professionals seeking advancement
- Other mid-level managers seeking career change or enhancement
What is Required?
No prerequisites. Anyone interested in learning more about the critical issues and emerging trends in human resources management is welcome.
For course schedule and pricing click on the course number below.
Human Resources Classes
HRS 500 - Professional Human Resource Management
OBS 502 - Understanding Human Resource Function ONLINE
For more information, contact Continuing Professional Education
at 410-777-2970 or email@example.com.