Prepare for a career as an entry-level HVACR technician from AACC through All-State Career School in Baltimore. Learn how to install, maintain and repair residential and commercial heating and cooling systems.
- Expected growth potential of 14 percent through 2024.
- Expected average annual salary of $45,000.
- In partnership with All-State Career School in Baltimore.
- Approved by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Courses held at All-State Career's training facility.
- Training consists of 16 noncredit courses with a lecture/lab combination for 6 weeks.
- Total hours: 960 (720 classroom hours and 240 lab hours).
- Students must enroll in both at the same time.
- OCA-390 - Fundamentals and Electricity Part 1
OCA-391 - Fundamentals and Electricity Part 2
OCA-392 - Mechanical Controls and Motors Part 1
OCA-393 - Mechanical Controls and Motors Part 2
OCA-394 - Commercial Refrigeration Part 1
OCA-395 - Commercial Refrigeration Part 2
OCA-396 - EPA, Duct Design, and Load Calculation Part 1
OCA-397 - EPA, Duct Design, and Load Calculation Part 2
OCA-398 - Basic Refrigeration Systems Part 1
OCA-399 - Basic Refrigeration Systems Part 2
OCC-302 - Air Conditioning Part 1
OCC-303 - Air Conditioning Part 2
OCC-304 - Heating Systems Part 1
OCC-305 - Heating Systems Part 2
OCC-306 - Heat Pump Systems Part 1
OCC-307 - Heat Pump Systems Part 2
- OCA-390, OCA-391, OCA-398 and OCA-399 are prerequisites to take at start of program.
**Please contact Occupational Skills for class schedule.**
- Students who complete the two EPA and Duct Design courses will be prepared to sit for the Environmental Protection Agency's Refrigeration Transition and Recovery Certification test.
- Cost is included in tuition.
- Upon successful completion of all 16 courses, students earn an AACC continuing education certificate. To receive the certificate students complete and submit the form to our office. The form and instructions can be found at www.aacc.edu/coned/certificates.
- $2,140 for each pair of courses (parts 1 and 2) for Anne Arundel County residents.
- Prices subject to change.
- Must be 17 years old.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
Contact Occupational Skills at 410-777-2935 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment. Please note that registration for the HVAC courses will not proceed until Occupational Skills is contacted or visited at Glen Burnie Town Center, suite 316 between the hours of 9:00 and 4:00.