Policies for Using AV materials
- Borrowers must present their College ID card or library card at the time of transaction in order to use AV materials.
- Borrowers are responsible for all items on their account and subject to all AACC library borrower policies.
- All AV materials are subject to overdue fines, which differ by type of material.
- Use of headphones is required with all media played in the library. Headphones are available for 3-hour checkout from the library circulation desk.
- Most AV materials, unless specifically noted below, may be checked out of the library only by AACC faculty and staff. Other borrowers must use materials in the library.
- DVDs and CDs can be used at any computer after check out. VHS tapes and DVDs can be viewed at the viewing and listening carrels on the 2nd floor of the library near the Circulation Desk / Quad entrance after check out.
VHS tapes/DVDs in the general collection
- Borrowing period for students and county residents is 3 hours, in-library use only.
- Borrowing period for faculty and staff is 7 days, unless other arrangements are made with the Circulation Desk.
- VHS Tapes and DVDs are searchable in the library catalog using the advanced search function. Using the FORMAT drop-down menu, choose the desired format or VIDEO (ALL). The catalog contains information about all of the library’s VHS tapes and DVDs, as well as streaming videos in the library collection.
Audiobooks, Language CDs, Other Spoken Word CDs, and Music CDs
- All borrowers may check out audio books, language CDs, other spoken word CDs, and music CDs for 28 days.
- These materials are searchable in the library catalog. Use the advanced search function and choose the desired format from the FORMAT drop-down menu.
Audiovisual Equipment Locations
- Viewing and listening carrels—2nd floor of the Library, near the Circulation Desk / Quad entrance
- Laptop computers—Available for checkout at the Circulation Desk, 2nd floor of the Library
- ADA enhanced PC—1st floor of the Library