Policies for Using AV materials
- Borrowers must present their library card at the time of transaction in order to use AV materials.
- Borrowers are responsible for all items on their account, and subject to all related, current borrower policies in the library.
- Use of headphones is required with all audio media played in the library.
- Most AV media, unless specifically noted below, may only be checked out of the library by AACC faculty and staff. Other borrowers must use materials in the Library.
- Viewing and listening carrels are available on the 2nd floor of the Library.
All AV materials are located on the 2nd floor of the Library, and are subject to overdue fines on student and county resident accounts. Overdue fines are different for each type of material.
VHS tapes/DVDs in the general collection
- Borrowing period for students and county residents is 3 hours, in-library use only.
- Borrowing period for faculty and staff is 7 days.
- Searchable in the Library catalog by including the term “videorecording” in a basic keyword search.
Supplemental Instruction [SI] videotapes
- Students may check out SI tapes from the Library for 7 days; no renewals are allowed.
Audiobooks on cassette and/or DVD
- Students and county residents may check out audiobooks for 28 days.
- Searchable in the Library catalog by selecting the format “Audio - spoken word CD” on the Advanced Search screen.
- Viewing and listening carrels—2nd floor of the Library
- Laptop computers—2nd floor of the Library
- Text Reader/magnifier—1st floor of the Library
- ADA enhanced PC—1st floor of the Library
- Photocopiers—1st and 2nd floors of the Library