At Anne Arundel Community College, we received a $600k grant to build a mechatronics program. We have a state of the art mechatronics lab filled with industrial quality equipment. Our plan is to provide a hands-on practical training in mechatronics. Our instructors are trained and experienced in using all this equipment and as a mechatronics student you will be spending a lot of hands-on time gaining experience in all these different types of machines. ( Mechanical, Electrical and Software PLCs) Here is a short list of our equipment:
- 6 Mechanical systems trainers
- 10 Vex Robotic Systems
- 1 ABB 6 Axis Industrial Robot
- 6 Festo Electro Pneumatics Systems
- 1 Festo MPS205 Mechatronics System
- A full electrical/electronics lab with scopes, multimeters and other measurement tools
- 10 Allen Bradley PLC trainers & 6 Siemens PLC Trainers
- 4 Labvolt Motor Control Trainers.
- A Dimension UPrint 3D Printer.