May 31, 2017
Anne Arundel Community College and University of Maryland, Baltimore’s Collaborative Physician Assistant program recently graduated the Eastern Shore cohort class of 2017. The class of 17 graduates received their certificates and white coats in a ceremony May 11.
The 2017 graduates from Maryland are:
- Melissa Brooke Hastings of Hurlock
- Blen T. Sime of Silver Spring
Out-of-state graduates are:
- Jennifer Chen of Dallas.
- Benjamin Michael Flowers of Columbus, Ohio.
- Christopher M. Herrman of Morganville, N.J.
- Nadine Odette Hofmeister of South Africa.
- Simone Lashey Hopes of Houston.
- Chantalle Janese Jackson of Smithfield, Va.
- Kyle Christopher Jervis of Glendale, Ariz.
- Andre Johnathan Kennedy of Charleston, S.C.
- Lillian Tran Nguyen of Falls Church, Va.
- Sarah Anh-Minh Nguyen of Dallas.
- Shivangi R. Patel of Paramus, N.J.
- Reshma V. Puthottu of Dumfries, Va.
- Tabitha E. A. Roach of Georgetown, Del.
- Richard Aaron Turney of Tucson, Ariz.
- and Bo Wilkinson of Dagsboro, Del.
Award recipients were:
- Clinician Clinician’s Award: Benjamin Flowers was recognized by his peers for clinical excellence.
- The Preceptor of the Year Award: Vijay Karumbunathan of the Department of Internal Medicine at McCready Health in Maryland.
Allen Tustin, with Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease in Salisbury, gave the commencement address. All graduates also qualify as candidates for a Master of Health Science degree through a collaboration with University of Maryland, Baltimore.
For information on the program, visit here, or contact the School of Health Sciences at 410-777-7310 or email@example.com.