Nov. 19, 2010
Gather your best finished artworks, works in progress and sketchbooks for Anne Arundel Community College’s Art Portfolio Review Event from 5:30-9 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 2, on the Arnold campus.
High school juniors, seniors and college transfer art students can meet with representatives from some of the highest caliber art schools in the nation to present their portfolio. In addition, several high quality liberal arts colleges with solid visual arts programs will attend. The event takes place in the Cade Center for Fine Arts Room 219.
Meet with representatives on a first-come, first-serve basis from 6:30-9 p.m. High school students who plan to attend AACC in fall 2011 are encouraged to visit the AACC scholarship review table from 5:30-9 p.m. to be considered for $1,000 in scholarships. A special invitational art show for graduating AACC art students is on exhibit from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the third floor hall of the Cade Center.
Representatives planning to attend are:
- Anne Arundel Community College
- Columbus College of Art and Design
- Corcoran College of Art and Design
- Kansas City Art Institute
- Kendall College of Art and Design
- Lincoln University
- Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA)
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design (MassArt)
- Moore College of Art and Design
- New Hampshire Institute of Art (NHIA)
- Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Art
- Salisbury University
- Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD)
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC)
- Stevenson University
- The Art Institute of Washington
- Towson University
- University of Maryland
- University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC)
Portfolios may include finished pieces, works in progress and sketchbooks. Consider slides or photographs of work too cumbersome to transport. Laptops will be available for viewing digital images and digital media.
The Arnold campus is at 101 College Parkway. For information call 410-777-7124 or e-mail event coordinator Lindsay McCulloch, AACC assistant professor of art and design, at email@example.com. Call Disability Support Services, 410-777-2306 or Maryland Relay 711, 72 hours in advance to request most accommodations.