Nov. 18, 2011
Gather your best finished artworks, works in progress and sketchbooks for Anne Arundel Community College’s Art Portfolio Review Event from 5:30-9 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 1, on the Arnold campus.
High school juniors, seniors and college transfer art students can meet with representatives from some of the highest caliber art schools in the nation to present their portfolio. In addition, several high quality liberal arts colleges with solid visual arts programs will attend. The event takes place in the Cade Center for Fine Arts Room 219.
Meet with representatives on a first-come, first-serve basis from 6:30-9 p.m. A special invitational art show for graduating AACC art students is on exhibit from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the third floor hall of the Cade Center.
Representatives planning to attend are:
- Anne Arundel Community College
- Art Institute of Washington
- Chester College
- Cleveland Institute of Art
- College for Creative Studies
- Columbus College of Art and Design
- Delaware College of Art and Design
- Hartford Art School
- Kansas City Art Institute
- Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- Memphis College of Art
- Moore College of Art and Design
- New Hampshire Institute of Art
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Salisbury University
- Santa Fe University
- Savannah College of Art and Design
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- Stevenson University School of Design
- University of Maryland Baltimore County
- University of Maryland College Park
- Virginia Commonwealth University
Portfolios may include finished pieces, works in progress and sketchbooks. Consider slides or photographs of work too cumbersome to transport. Laptops will be available for viewing digital images and digital media.
The Arnold campus is at 101 College Parkway. For information call 617-645-8691 or email event coordinator Lindsay McCulloch, AACC assistant professor of visual arts, at email@example.com. Call Disability Support Services, 410-777-2306 or Maryland Relay 711, 72 hours in advance to request most accommodations.