Nov. 16, 2012
Panelists representing six industries in the county will meet Wednesday, Nov. 28, to discuss their industries’ growth rate, career opportunities and skill sets needed to enter the field at the first Business Symposium sponsored by Anne Arundel Community College’s Business Management and Entrepreneurial Studies programs.
The Business Symposium will meet from 2 to 4 p.m. in the Cade Center for Fine Arts Room 207. Moderating will be AACC Business Advisory Board members George Hughes, chief executive officer of Windward Creative in Annapolis, and Molly Hughes Wilmer, owner of Vision Strategic Marketing and Communications.
• Peter Bergin, director of international security at PepsiCo International
• Alan Hyatt, chairman and chief executive officer of Severn Bancorp Inc. of Maryland and former president of the AACC Foundation
• Jeff Joy, chief operating officer at Johns Hopkins Health Care
• Jeff Ostenso, chief executive officer at CPS/Gumpert
• Ralph Riddle, chief executive officer of TechPerm
• Michelle J. Schiffer, asset manager, Greenberg/Gibbons.
Other business executives in the community have been invited. Also participating in the panelists’ discussion will be AACC business faculty, members of AACC’s Business Advisory Board and students in AACC’s business programs.
Contact Patricia Harral at email@example.com for more information.
About Anne Arundel Community College
Celebrating its 50th anniversary, Anne Arundel Community College is an award-winning, fully accredited public two-year institution serving approximately 53,000 students each year through classes offered at more than 100 sites in Anne Arundel County or online. National and regional award-winning studies can lead to a degree, certificate, industry credential, transfer to a four-year institution or career enhancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning.