6,887 gross square feet
This local, popular landmark with its two silos was moved from its original location 300 feet closer to College Parkway to make way for AACC's Central Services Building. A crew of movers in July 2006 shifted the dairy barn to its new concrete block foundation and concrete slab. The 40-foot silos were moved in August 2006.
Built in 1938, the building was part of the original farm purchased by the college in 1963. The barn is used mainly for storage.
CADE CENTER FOR FINE ARTS
57,470 gross square feet
Built in 1997, this three-story structure houses programs in Dance, Music, Theater Arts and the Visual Arts. Named for the late John A. Cade, the building features art studios with north-facing skylights, music and dance practice rooms, music performing space and an art gallery as well as classrooms, offices and a large conference room.
A strong supporter of the college, Cade not only took classes here but was also instrumental in improving funding for Maryland community colleges. Read more …
CAREERS CENTER BUILDING
122,909 gross square feet
Constructed in 1973, this building was renovated in FY2008-09. The Careers Center is home to the Berlitz Memorial Microbiology and Environmental Studies Laboratory, which includes a dedicated laboratory space for the Environmental Center, a World Languages Lab, café, video conferencing classrooms, a 10-kiln ceramics lab and pavilion and Computer Commons, along with classrooms, offices and learning/study areas and several administrative service units.
AACC's Center for the Study of Local Issues, Entrepreneural Studies Institute and the Legal Studies Institute with its J. Lynne Wood Law Library also share quarters here. Read more …(pdf)
Pages 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8