The LPN to RN Upward Mobility option requires these courses for admission.
All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better and a cumulative prerequisite GPA of at least 2.5 (no rounding). All prerequisite courses must be complete by the date the application is submitted. (See the college catalog for additional information.)
|Courses || |
|ENG 111-112 - Composition and Introduction to Literature 1, 2 |
ENG 115-116 - Composition and Introduction to Literature for Non-Native Speakers 1, 2
ENG 121* - Composition and Literature
|PSY 111 - Introduction to Psychology || |
|PSY 211 - Developmental Psychology || |
|Mathematics gen. ed. requirement || |
BIO 223** - General Microbiology
|BIO 231-232** - Human Biology 1, 2 |
BIO 233-234**+ - Anatomy and Physiology 1, 2
| || |
Total Credit Hours 24-27
* Successful completion of ENG 121 fully satisfies the college English composition general education requirement. Students who take ENG 121 and not ENG 111-112 may need to take an additional elective course.
** Science courses (except BIO 101) must be taken within 7 years of the date the application is submitted.
+ BIO 101 is a college prerequisite for BIO 233. It is not a prerequisite for the LPN to RN program.
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
These courses may be taken concurrently with the nursing courses and must be completed by the end of the course sequence with a grade of "C" or better.
|SOC 111 - Introduction to Sociology || |
|Arts and humanities (except English) general ed. requirement || |
To be considered for conditional acceptance, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
Other material needed with the LPN to RN program application
- A college application must be filled out and submitted to the college prior to your LPN to RN application being reviewed.
- A completed LPN to RN application.
- A copy of current LPN license (print from MBON).
- Clinical Experience Form (Document employment verifying 1 year full time or 2 years part time; total experience must equal a minimum of 2080 clinical hours working as an LPN within the last 5 calendar years. Clinical experience must have occurred within acute care units or rehabilitation facilities.)
- Work Performance Evaluation Form completed by your supervisor.
- Official transcript from a state-approved licensed practical nurse program.
- Submit a completed address verification form.
- Review the checklist.
Students who are offered conditional acceptance into the LPN to RN Upward Mobility program option will have to complete a criminal background check and health examination record. Final acceptance into the program shall be contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and completion of the health examination record. Drug testing may be required.