1. Take responsibility for your own learning.
2. Meet/talk with your mentor on a regular and consistent basis. Define the time, place, and method of contact with mentor.
3. Keep your mentor appointments.
4. Develop an academic and personal action plan.
5. Provide and ask for feedback about the mentoring relationship and be open to receiving feedback. Be honest, yet tactful.
6. Maintain confidentiality with mentor.
7. Take time to thank your mentor for his/her time and expertise.
8. Evaluate the success of the mentoring relationship.
Click for a peer mentee handbookPDF from the University of Washington.