The orientation program is designed to ease your transition into the college and prepare you for academic, social and personal success. Each orientation session is designed to meet your needs, regardless of your age or previous college attendance.
During orientation you will have an opportunity to:
New Student Orientation is scheduled in large and small group sessions. You will receive notice of a session based upon the date of your first registration for courses and other information, such as your program of study (major), status, or previous college attendance. Students are made aware of orientation dates in the Schedule of Classes, by mail, e-mail and the Web.
- Large group sessions are scheduled in:
January, February, July, August and September.
- Small group sessions are held in:
May and June
- If you register for AACC classes in the fall or winter:
you will be invited to attend an orientation session in January or February.
- If you register for AACC classes in your high school:
you will be invited to a small group session in May and June.
- If you register for classes in June or early July:
you will be invited to attend a session in July.
- If you register after the first week of August or January:
you will receive an invitation to attend a session held in September or February, respectively.