Anne Arundel Community College respects the family as integral to the social fabric of society. As a premiere learning community, the college is recognized for its commitment to each individual's role in improving the quality of family life.
The Parenting Center provides courses, public service programs, conferences, and instructional materials about parenting and family life to parents and professionals in the community.
1. To support the educational mission of the college by:
- Offering courses about parenting and family life
- Sponsoring lectures and public service programs about topics of concern to parents
- Offering service learning opportunities to students
- Enhancing the positive image of the college in the community
2. To research problems related to children and families in Anne Arundel County
3. To provide professional development activities to members of the college and the community