Office: CRSC 134
Teaching is an exciting and stimulating experience. It enables me to assist others in acquiring useful ideas and to see them develop intellectually. At the same time, it continually increases my knowledge through my interaction with the students.
I believe that a good education is more than just the acquisition of specific information or skills or the improvement of one's job prospects. Education should assist a person to develop his/her ability to think creatively and critically, thus improving the quality of his/her everyday living experiences. My specific field of psychology, hopefully, enables people to better understand themselves and their world and to better deal with it.
- Ph.D., Counseling Psychology, American University
- M.Ed., Counseling, University of Virginia
- B.A., Psychology and Mathematics, Susquehanna University
- Psychologist, State of Maryland, License #1462 (1979-present)
- Chairman, Psychology Department, Anne Arundel Community College. (1998-2010)
- Psychology Professor, Anne Arundel Community College. (1978-present)
- Co-director: Heart Health Associates. A behavioral medicine group providing treatment to recovering heart patients and their families. (1991-1996)
- Director: Donald P. Orso and Associates. Group mental health practice specializing in individual, couples, and family psychotherapy. (1979-present)
- Counseling Psychologist: Counseling Center, Anne Arundel Community College. (1973-1978)
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counselor: United States Naval Academy, summer duty as Naval Reserve Officer. Rank: LCDR. (1975-1978)
- Officer, United States Navy. Honorably discharged. (1968-1972)
- American Psychological Association
- Maryland Psychological Association