The Student Achievement and Success Program is a support and retention program at Anne Arundel Community College designed to increase the academic success, retention, graduation and transfer of students who traditionally may have more barriers and challenges to overcome in order to realize their goals. In addition, these students are traditionally first generation students, low income, under prepared and minority students. Services provided included incentive scholarships up to 1,000 dollars an academic year, walk-in tutoring, life skill/study strategy workshops, and cultural activities, campus visits, informal interactions with faculty/staff and academic monitoring.
View our customer service pledge and tell us how we are doing by filling out a customer service survey.
WHO CAN JOIN?
You can if you answer Yes to any of the following criteria:
- Your parents don't have bachelors degrees
- AACC requires you to take at least one developmental course
- Your FAFSA shows you qualify for financial aid
- You belong to a minority group
HOW DO I APPLY?
1. Schedule an appointment: 410-777-2530 or email SASP@aacc.edu.
2. Complete a SASP application PDF
SPECIAL SASP PROGRAMS
- Adelante Hispanic Summer Bridge: free two-week session
- Black Male Initiative (BMI) Roundtable: free monthly forum
- First Year Experience (FYE): for incoming students with at least two required developmental courses
- Summer Bridge: free four-week session for incoming African American students
Have questions? Contact us at SASP@aacc.edu.