The testing center serves as an arm of a comprehensive community college in order to provide test administration services to both traditional and non-traditional students of the college and residents of Anne Arundel County,. We meet this mission by:
• Providing assessment testing for incoming students and interpreting test results and available resources to provide support services to enhance college success.
• Supporting classroom instruction by providing make-up and distance learning testing.
• Assisting students in acquiring financial resources to facilitate access and achieve their educational goals through the administration of Ability Benefit Tests.
• Accommodating special needs students through testing accommodations.
• Providing certification exams and credit by examination.
• Follow the standards and Guidelines set forth by the National College Testing Association(NCTA)
The Testing Office assesses students in English, Reading, Math placement, a requirement for all degree-seeking students. Students that are seeking an Anne Arundel Community College Certificate rather than a degree must be assessed in reading, English and math (if math is a program requirement). The testing center assesses English as Second Language students as well as students in the Health Professions program.
Course and Certification Testing
The Testing Office administers examinations for classroom exams, distance learning courses, and national certificate exams such as College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Pearson Vue and many more.
Academic and placement exams are given at all AACC testing locations. To take a certification exam or CLEP exam, please review our scheduling information.
The Testing Office also provides proctoring services for other institutions. If you are interested in having your exam proctored from another institution, please read more information.
*Exams will not be administered to students without picture identification.
*Students taking a certification test may be required to provide additional identification, please review instructions with certification vendor(Pearson Vue, CLEP, Certiport, Castle Worldwide, and Teas).