Accelerate Your Potential
STEM Core at AACC is a program designed to grow the number of students interested in STEM-related careers while accelerating through their math requirements.
Our students participate in one of two programs:
- STEM Scholars - students interested in Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Mathematics (STEM)
- Cyber Scholars - students majoring in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Network Security and/or Digital Forensics.
STEM Core takes a comprehensive approach to student success by offering extensive resources and opportunities for our students.
All students are provided the following:
- Potential for an accelerated math course sequence. Students will be given an opportunity to get to MAT-191 in one academic year.
- Internship placement assistance. We connect students with local industry and government employers for summer internship opportunities.
- Academic and career advising. A STEM student support specialist will be available for one-on-one support to set goals, find solutions to overcome difficulty, help with resumé building, and provide career counseling.
- Enrichment activities. STEM Core students enjoy academic, professional and cultural seminars, workshops, and other related events.
Applying for STEM Core
Interested in applying to the STEM Core program? Complete an online application!
Want to know more about the STEM Core program? Please feel free to contact Professor O'Reilly:
AACC STEM Core Coordinator