About the Award
The Maryland Community College Promise Scholarship provides up to $5,000 in tuition assistance per year for eligible students who attend a Maryland community college. As a “last dollar” scholarship, it covers remaining tuition and fees after other federal and state financial aid has been applied.
You’re eligible for the Maryland Community College Promise Scholarship Program if you:
- You are a Maryland high school graduate or a GED recipient eligible for in-state tuition at a Maryland community college.
- You or your family’s adjusted gross income is not more than:
- $100,000 if the applicant is single or resides in a single parent household
- $150,000 if the applicant is married or resides in a two-parent household
- You meet specific GPA requirements:
- High school seniors must have earned an unweighted cumulative 2.3 GPA at the end of the first semester or end of their senior year.
- Individuals currently enrolled at a community college must have earned a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5.
- GED applicants must submit a copy of their examination.
- You have not already earned a bachelor’s or associate degree.
- You plan to enroll in at least 12 credits per semester at a community college or a registered apprenticeship program or a series of noncredit courses that leads to licensure or certification.
If you are ineligible to complete the FAFSA, submit the Maryland State Financial Aid Application (MSFAA) online by March 1.
- List your Maryland community college of choice on the FAFSA or MSFAA. AACC's school code is 002058.
- This scholarship is administered by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC). Check your email after the deadline, as MHEC will notify applicants by email of any additional needed documentation.
- Submit all required documentation by the stated deadline to MHEC.
- Applicants who plan to enroll in a registered apprenticeship program or a series of noncredit courses that leads to licensure or certification will need to complete the Promise Noncredit Application.
Additional details about the Maryland Community College Promise Scholarship, including how to renew your scholarship, can be found on the MHEC website.