Back to Top

VA Student Responsibility

Processing the paperwork for your VA benefits is a team effort. Here’s what we need you to do and be aware of.

  • Submit a copy of your DD 214 and all official transcripts from previous colleges to Records and Registration by the end of your first term.
  • You are required to pursue a degree/certificate program available at AACC and approved for VA educational benefits.
  • You are required to run a degree audit each term to ensure you are enrolling in courses required for your degree. The VA will not pay for courses you don’t need to complete your program of study.
  • You must submit the AACC Enrollment Verification Form, a copy of your Schedule of Classes, and ALL other required forms each term at the time of registration.
  • If you are receiving CH 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation benefits, you must provide a copy of your Schedule of Classes for each term you are enrolled and confirm the financial aid office has a current VA Form 1905 on file.
  • You must attend all courses you have enrolled in. Failure due to lack of attendance must be reported to the VA and will have an impact on future benefits.
  • Payment of benefits will not be allowed for repeating a course for which transfer or a passing grade has been granted.
  • You are required to make satisfactory academic progress toward the completion of a degree or certificate program and comply with the academic standards of AACC.
  • You are required to report program/objective changes with the VA as well as AACC’s records office.
  • You are required to report schedule changes including drops, withdrawals, and changes to audits to the office immediately.
  • You are responsible for all charges, including AACC Bookstore purchases, on your student account.
  • You are required to verify your enrollment with VA through WAVE on the last calendar day of the month if you are receiving benefits under Chapter 30, 1606, 1607 or VRAP.
  • You are required to check your MyAACC account and email regularly to monitor the processing of your paperwork and to respond to our processing request.