The 12th Annual Business Plan Competition will be held on Friday May 1, 2015. All AACC students are invited to compete for the opportunity of receive space in the Student Business Incubator, as well as earn financial prizes. Finalists will present their business to a panel of judges consisting of experts from the business, legal, governmental, and educational communities.
Requirements are as follows:
1) Submit a business plan as a Word Document or a PDF, of no longer than 40 pages, excluding appendices. It must have the generally accepted components in a business plan, including, but not limited to, the following elements:
a. Table of Contents
b. Executive Summary
c. Industry and Target Market Analysis
d. Marketing Plan
e. Management Team's qualifications
f. Operations Plan
g. Milestones showing the expected timing of steps in the development of the venture
h. Pro Forma Financials for 2 years: 1) Income statement monthly 2) Cash budget monthly, and 3) Balance sheet quarterly for 2 years. Relevant assumptions for the pro forma should be included.
2) Approximately two weeks after the competition entry date, three-to-five finalists will be selected to make oral presentations of their plans to a panel of venture capitalists, commercial lenders, entrepreneurs, and entrepreneurship scholars.
3) The plan may be for a new start-up venture or for a new product or market development in an existing venture that is less than 3 years old.
4) Students who enter the competition must be AACC students in good standing according to the student handbook who are currently enrolled in at least one credit or non-credit course in the current academic year.
5) A team may also enter. At least 50% of the team, and preferably more, must meet the above enrollment criteria.
6) All principals of a group that enters must be clearly identified in the submission, and a contact name, address, telephone, and e-mail address must be provided.
7) All plans must be original. The entrant must attest to those facts in the submission. Submissions and the original concepts they contain are recognized as confidential and will not be disclosed outside the committee of judges without the entrant's permission.
8) Plans and presentations will be judged on the following criteria:
a. A compelling explanation of the business opportunity
b. Innovativeness of the plan
c. Clear delineation of market and its size
d. Strategy for capturing market share
e. Management team's qualifications and abilities
f. Financial plan that is consistent with the market size, strategy, and expected returns
g. Effective communication of all of the above in the plan and presentation
All entries will be submitted through Canvas. To obtain access to the Canvas Business Plan Competition Group you must register below. Once your registration is process you will receive access to the group. More information about the competition will be available there, including how to submit your plan.
The deadline for submissions is Friday March 27 at midnight. The submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges and will be returned, with their comments, around April 10. The finalists will be allowed to edit their plans and resubmit them by April 22 so the finalist judges can review them.
For more information on registration, please contact Professor Stephen Berry at email@example.com