There was a gas leak in the Health and Life Sciences Building construction area on Anne Arundel Community College's campus near the Careers Building the afternoon of Monday, July 1. AACC Public Safety and Police and Anne Arundel County Police and Fire responded, and the campus community was notified immediately. There were no injuries. The affected area was cleared, and though a gas smell remained, it was not at dangerous levels.
The Arnold campus location of AACC was closed the rest of the day as a precaution while repairs were made. As of Tuesday, July 2, the campus is was operating on a normal schedule.