Black Male Initiative (BMI) addresses the needs and challenges facing that black male students attending Anne Arundel Community College. It aims to build community and connect students with support services and resources within the college and the community.
Through BMI, students may be able to:
- Receive an incentive scholarship of up to $1,000
- Participate in first-time attending cohort of students
- Participate in monthly roundtable forums
- Participate in BMI leadership retreat
- Participate in annual BMI Summit (February 2021)
- Understand life skills as they pertain to obtaining a degree and a professional career
- Ability to mentor campus community peers through information and skills gained through BMI
- Increase personal commitment to academics and gaining a degree, certification or transfer
- Network with AACC professional staff, administration and faculty
We will have a virtual Meet and Greet on Monday, Sept. 21, 2020, from noon to 1 p.m. Forinformation and to RSVP for this event, email Reginald Stroble, Ed.D., BMI program coordinator, at email@example.com.