Helpful Hints for Using the Site Search
If you received too many search results, didn't receive any, or just want to learn more about how to get better search results on our site; the following information will give you some helpful hints.
If you received too many search results and you can't find what you're looking for, try narrowing the search by:
- using the word 'AND' between multiple words. This will search for documents containing all of the words.
- using the word 'NOT' before a word. This will exclude any documents that contain the specified word. For example, by typing 'Help NOT ME' you would be able to search for a document with the word 'Help' in it, but that does not also contain the word 'ME'.
- using quotation marks. By typing in 'Help Me', for example, you would find only those documents that had the exact literal string of 'Help Me'.
If you didn't receive any results, try broadening the search by:
- using the word 'OR' between multiple words. This will search the site for any of the specified words.
- using the asterick symbol (*) as a wildcard. This will search for the search term with any number or characters in place of the wildcard. For example, if you search for 'Phil*', the search engine will return documents containing 'Philosophy', 'Philosopher', and the like.
Again, if you have tried the above tips and tricks and still can't find what you're looking for, contact us!
Help with classes or registration, e-mail askaacc.edu or call 410-777-2222.
Help with the Web site, e-mail email@example.com.
Help with your MyAACC account, call 410-777-HELP.