If you love working with animals, take the first step toward your new career with AACC’s Veterinary Assisting program.
Reviewed by the Maryland Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners, this program delivers hands-on veterinary assisting training and real-world experience in a vet’s office.
Vet Assistant training consists of three noncredit courses:
- SPP-300 Veterinary Assistant
- SPP-301 Veterinary Assistant Internship
- SPP-302 Pathways to Workforce Success
The total program cost is $1,340, including tuition and fees, for Anne Arundel County residents.
Learn more about costs and scholarships
- Must be 18 or older
- Have a high school or GED® diploma
- Have basic computer knowledge to include searching the web, navigating our learning management system, downloading and uploading documents and different formats such as Word, PDF and Google Docs
- Provide proof of medical insurance
- Able to lift 40 pounds without assistance
- Provide proof of tetanus shot within the last 10 years
Work as a veterinary assistant can be a rewarding career path:
- Employment for veterinary assistants in Maryland is projected to grow 5.3% from 2022 to 2026.
- Job opportunities can be found in animal hospitals, clinics and laboratories.
Source: Emsi 2022.3