AACC is committed to helping students achieve their educational goals. So much that we made completion the theme of our strategic plan. Every move we make we ask how this can help students achieve academic excellence and remain engaged with their own goals.
Engagement Matters - Pathways to Completion
April 21, 2016
Increase completion by transforming the culture of the institution to ensure equity and that the college remains student-ready and committed to academic excellence.
GOAL: ENGAGEMENT & ENTRY
Increase connection and enrollment of all students through a collegewide emphasis on equity, student success and academic excellence.
Engage all students from entry to the first day in class.
- Implement mandatory new student orientation.
- All award-seeking students will complete an academic plan prior to registration.
- Implement areas of academic focus.
Improve recruitment and entry experience for students to increase enrollment.
- Re-engineer application and registration processes.
- Overhaul and relaunch college website.
- Identify and implement a plan that results in an increase in the number of nontraditional age students who apply and enroll.
Engage internal and community stakeholders to increase college readiness.
- Expand and enhance dual enrollment offerings with Anne Arundel County Public Schools.
- Scale Accuplacer preparation programs to reduce number of developmental courses needed by incoming students.
- Secure external resources that support student success initiatives.
Increase progress of all students through a collegewide emphasis on equity, student success and academic excellence.
- Increase student engagement with faculty, staff and resources by leveraging technology.
- Implement and use student planning module to increase (1) use of academic plans and (2) student engagement with faculty, staff and resources and (3) career exploration opportunities.
- Redesign the faculty referral and early alert system.
Focus on teaching excellence to implement collegewide professional development opportunities.
- Eradicate achievement gaps at the course level.
- Increase gatekeeper course success rates.
Scale up and develop programs collegewide to increase progress toward completion.
- Implement developmental education pathways.
- Scale Student Achievement and Success Program (SASP).
Increase completion of all students through a collegewide emphasis on equity, student success and academic excellence.
Use data regarding entry, progress and completion to scale programs that advance students toward completion, transfer, licensure, certification and/or job placement.
- Develop, implement and scale collegewide programs to track post-completion placement.
Build internal bridges to fulfill and operationalize a continuum of learning.
- Develop credit on-ramps for students exiting noncredit programs.
Build a community of inclusive excellence that promotes success for all students.
- Establish a college-wide framework that intentionally addresses issues of diversity, equity and inclusion.