Anne Arundel Community College’s governing board is comprised of eight trustees who are appointed by the governor with Maryland Senate advice and consent (Code Education Article, secs. 16-101 through 16-103).
Trustees each serve a term of six years with the exception of the student trustee, who serves for one year. The board elects a chair and vice chair annually.
Student Member Selection
The college seeks applications each spring for the student member of the Board of Trustees. Applicants are interviewed by a committee of students and staff. The committee recommends the candidate to the AACC president, who sends the candidate's name to the governor's office for appointment.
2015-2016 Board of Trustees
Arthur D. Ebersberger, Chair
The Rev. Dr. Diane Dixon-Proctor, Vice Chair
- Anita H. Delaporte, Special Assistant to the President (410) 777-2500
- Kathleen A. Janssen, Assistant to the Board of Trustees (410) 777-2880
- H. Stafford Bullen, 1998
- Robert J. DiAiso, 1998
- Gene E. Floyd, 2009
- T. Sue Gladhill, 2008
- Irene E. Newhouse, 1991
- Donald C. Roane, M.D., 2006
- Dr. Lila R. Schwartz, 1990
- Robert P. DeStefano, 1995 (Deceased)
- Leo C. Eckert, 1982 (Deceased)
- Richard A. Gillespie, 2001 (Deceased)
- Walter S. Mills, 1988 (Deceased)