To enroll in AACC credit courses that lead toward a degree or certificate, you first need to apply to the college, just as you would a four-year school. Our application is pretty easy to follow. There is no essay; you simply apply online. Once you apply, the review and approval process takes just a matter of days. You will automatically receive an AACC ID and access to MyAACC (your online student account.) You will need this information each step of the way in the enrollment process.
Concerned about getting in? Don’t worry. We believe education should be open to all, so we accept everyone who applies to AACC. Not everyone arrives with the same educational background, and not everyone is ready for the same level of math and English classes, so we need you to help us place you academically. You may be ready for college-level English and math or have the ability to “test out,” or perhaps you need some developmental courses to help you brush up on your skills. Visit our placement testing site to learn more.
After You Complete an Online Application
- Recent high school graduates - Ask your high school guidance office to submit your official transcript to the AACC Admissions Office.
- Transfer students – Are you transferring from another college, or attending another college and plan to take a course here to transfer back? We’ll need a college transcript and have some tips for you.
- Current high school students - Seeking college credit while still enrolled in high school? You may qualify for several programs including the Early College Access Program (previously Jump Start.)
- Health professions students – Would you like to apply to the School of Health Professions and Wellness? They have a special application and requirements.
- International students – Are you interested in coming to AACC on a student visa or are you already living in the U.S.? The forms you need are online.
- Students with college degrees – Do you already have a bachelor’s degree and want to take credit courses? We’ll still need a transcript to confirm you’ve completed prerequisites.
- GED and students who did not complete high school – You do not need a high school diploma or GED to attend AACC. Simply complete our placement tests and AACC will open its doors to you!
- Nondegree seeking- Interested in enrolling in credit courses without pursuing a degree or certificate? Your course options may be limited to those without prerequisites. Otherwise you’ll need to meet the same requirements as a degree-seeking student.
- ESL students – Are you a non-native English speaker? Are you already enrolled in English as a Second Language courses? You’ll need to learn more about taking an ESL placement test and meet with an ESL adviser .
Contact AACC Advising at 410-777-2246 or or email@example.com
or visit us at the Student Services Center on the Arnold campus.