If you have never taken classes at AACC, please follow the steps for New Student Advising.
For Current Credit Students:
Evaluate Your Program Progress, here's how.
The program progress printout merges your completed courses, in-progress courses and courses transferred in with the requirements for your AACC degree or certificate.
Arrive On Time at your confirmed location and bring the following:
1. A printed copy of your program progress evaluation
2. Photo ID
3. Your AACC ID number- found on on the back of your AACC ID card and in the Academic Profile section of your MyAACC account. If you are unable to locate your ID number, the staff at the Information Desk in the Student Services Center will assist you.
Academic Advisors will help you with:
Interpretation of college policy
Exceptions to college policy
Academic and study skills
Strategies for success
Referrals to on and off campus resources
Questions to Consider
Most long term educational plans are based on future career plans. Once your advisor knows your academic and career goals, they can help you research the type of degree or certificate that is required; help you decide if you will need to transfer to a four-year institution; help you determine which AACC program of study will best prepare you; and then which courses you should consider next.
To assist your advisor, please come prepared with answers to the following questions:
- What is your long-range career goal?
- Do you plan to transfer to a four-year institution?
- If yes, which one?
- What is your program of study at AACC?
- What progress have you made in the completion of your AACC program of study?
- Do you intend to be a full-time or part-time student?
- Do you plan to take online or traditional format classes?
For help in answering these questions, visit: