You'll Need Your AACC ID
An AACC ID# is required to sign in for your advising session. Social Security numbers are not accepted. You can locate your AACC ID#:
- On your college correspondence (schedule/bill/letters).
- On the back of your AACC-issued ID card.
- In your Academic Profile via your MyAACC account.
If you are unable to locate your AACC ID#, Information Desk staff in the Student Services Center Building, first floor, are available to assist you.
Questions to Consider
Most long term educational plans are based on future career plans. Once your advisor knows your academic and career goals, they can help you research the type of degree or certificate that is required; help you decide if you will need to transfer to a four-year institution; help you determine which AACC program of study will best prepare you; and then which courses you should consider next. To assist your advisor, please come prepared with answers to the following questions:
- What is your long-range career goal?
- Do you plan to transfer to a four-year institution?
- If yes, which one?
- What is your program of study at AACC?
- What progress have you made in the completion of your AACC program of study?
- Do you intend to be a full-time or part-time student?
- Do you plan to take online or traditional format classes?
For help in answering these questions, visit:
- Undeclared Student Information
- Career Services
- Exploring Majors
- Transfer Services
- Virtual Campus
- Distance Learner Advising Services
- Evaluate Program Progress PDF