New Student Advising Session Preparation
New Student Advising sessions are intended for new students who:
- Have been admitted to AACC and never attended college before, and
- Have been assessed for English/reading and math. (Some certificate programs do not require math assessment.)
Student benefits include:
- Gaining an understanding of your program of study and the registration process.
- Registering for the appropriate classes for the upcoming term.
- Obtaining full access to online services.
- As a new student, in order to participate in the Advising sessions, you must have activated your MyAACC portal and college computer accounts. Visit Accessing MyAACC for details.
- Reservations are strongly encouraged for New Student Advising sessions as the sessions are limited to 15 students:
- Students with session reservations will be seated first;
- Non-registered students will be seated second, followed by
- Non-student guests (family/friends).
- If required, prepare for and take the placement test(s) in time to attend a New Student Advising session. View testing placement details.
- If you take the placement test(s) and want to retest (especially in English or reading), wait until after you retest to reserve a New Student Advising session.
In order to get the most out of your session, you will need to bring the following:
- Your student ID number.
- Your high school transcript.
- Your assessment results. For details on the assessment requirement and the complete admission to registration process, visit the admission to first registration process.
- If you are unable to locate your documents, call 410-777-1999 for assistance or arrive at the Information Desk on the first floor of the Student Services Center Building (SSVC) 30 minutes prior to the session, so they can walk you through the process. Mastering AACC’s online services is part of your learning experience.
Reserve your seat for a New Student Advising session