The Financial Aid Office has many interesting jobs available for students with and without financial need. Students who demonstrate financial need may be eligible to be paid from Federal Work-Study (FWS) funds. Students without financial need may be eligible to be paid from Institutional Student Aid Program (ISAP) funds. Earnings from these on-campus positions help students to pay their educational and living expenses.
Students apply for positions that interest them and campus supervisors select the most qualified candidates. Supervisors assign an hourly pay rate from an approved pay range, and every two weeks students receive paychecks based on their hours worked. One big advantage of FWS funds is that FWS earnings can never reduce students' eligibility for financial aid during the following academic year. Earnings from ISAP funds and all other off-campus employment can sometimes reduce students' eligibility for aid for the following academic year.
New FWS/ISAP job listings are now open
for the 2016-2017 award year.
If you did not receive FWS as part of your 2016-2017 Financial Aid Award, please contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.
- Gain valuable professional experience
- Flexible work schedule around class times
- Convenient locations to earn where you learn and reduce your travel time
- Competitive pay
- FWS/ISAP award year runs from July 1st through June 30th
- Receive a paycheck on the 7th and 22nd of each month based exclusively on hourly wage and hours worked
- Total earnings cannot exceed total award amount
- Work up to 20 hours per week
- Remain enrolled in an eligible program for at least 6 required credits per term
- Actual earnings depend on hourly wage and number of hours worked
- Apply early as hiring freezes after funding is fully awarded
Applying for FWS/ISEP funding
- Apply for financial aid.
- FWS funds are automatically awarded to all eligible students and are listed on the AACC Award Notice. View Award Notice at MyAACC.
- ISAP funds are a limited resource and are not automatically awarded. Contact the Financial Aid Office to request funding.
- If you have already been awarded FWS/ISAP funds, you are ready to begin the job search process. Visit www.collegecentral.com/aacc/ to find student employment positions.
Student Employment Handbook