The Financial Aid Office has many interesting jobs available for students with and without financial need. Students who demonstrate financial need may be eligible to be paid from Federal Work-study (FWS) funds. Students without financial need may be eligible to be paid from Institutional Student Employment Program (ISEP) funds. Earnings from these on campus positions help students to pay their educational and living expenses.
Students apply for positions that interest them and campus employers select the most qualified candidates. Employers assign an hourly pay rate from an approved pay range and every two weeks students receive paychecks based on their hours worked. One big advantage of FWS funds is that FWS earnings can never reduce your eligibility for financial aid during the following academic year. Earnings from ISEP funds and all other off-campus employment can sometimes reduce your eligibility for aid for the following academic year.
New FWS/ISEP job listings are now closed
for the 2015-2016 award year.
The Federal Work-Study Program budget will be reviewed again in the Spring to determine if we can increase our student participation. Students interested in participating in the 2015-2016 Federal Work-Study Program should email the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to add their name to the student wait list. Please include your full name, AACC ID#, program of study, desired department, and contact information.
- Gain valuable professional experience
- Flexible work schedules allow you to schedule work around your class times
- Convenient locations: Earn where you learn and reduce your travel time
- Competitive Pay
- Your FWS/ISEP awards year runs from July 1st through June 30th.
- You will receive a paycheck on the 7th and 22nd of each month based exclusively on your hourly wage and your hours worked.
- Your total earnings cannot exceed your award amount. There is no guarantee that you will earn your full FWS/ISEP award amount.
- Earnings are usually limited to 20 hours per week.
- To earn funds during the fall and spring terms, you must remain enrolled for at least 6 credits per term.
- You do not have to take summer classes to work during the summer as long as you are registered for the following fall term.
- Your FWS/ISEP award amount represents your maximum authorized earnings for current academic year (July 1st through June 30th). Your actual earnings will depend exclusively on your hourly wage and the number of hours you work each week.
- You cannot earn FWS funds from AACC after you graduate from AACC, unless you will be pursuing an additional degree or certificate from AACC.
- Apply early! Once we reach our hiring limits, we will not be able to hire any more students. (All existing student employees will continue to work and earn.)
Applying for FWS/ISEP funding:
- FWS funds are automatically awarded to all eligible students and are listed on each student’s AACC Award Notice. To check your AACC awards on-line, login to MyAACC.
- ISEP funds are a limited resource and are not automatically awarded. Contact our office to request funding.
- If you have already been awarded FWS/ISEP funds, you are ready to begin the job search process. Visit www.aacc.edu/aid/joblistings.cfm to find student employment positions.
Student Employment Handbook