The Architecture and Interior Design Department’s Construction Management Option PDF
has been created to address two main educational goals: to prepare those who wish to transfer
, and to prepare those who wish to go into the workforce
and start their career. Frequently, our students do both
. Students are prepared to enter the workforce as field personnel at the construction site or office management. Students may also transfer to one of the schools we have developed an agreement with to further their education and obtain a bachelor's degree.
Degrees and Certificates:
These files require Adobe Reader
Already have a degree? See the department's Fast Track options.
- ACH 111: Architectural Design 1
- Basic drafting skills and drawing conventions: plans, sections, elevations, axonometrics and one and two perspectives; introduces basic design principles and problem solving.
- ACH 121: Architectural Materials & Methods 1
- Residential wood light frame and masonry building techniques and methods.
- ACH 122: Architectural Materials & Methods 2
- Commercial building techniques using steel, concrete, masonry and glass.
- ACH 216: Construction Management
- Focuses on general principles of construction management as it relates to project management.
- ACH 218: Construction Operations
- Focuses on detailed aspects of the operational aspects of building construction.
- ACH 219: Construction Contract Administration
- ACH 230: Cost Estimating for Design
- ACH 231: Professional Practices in Architecture
- ACH 240: Construction Documentation
- ACH 242: Environmental Systems for Design
- ACH 245: Computer Applications for Design
Please Note: There are other general education courses and degree requirements. Please consult current college catalog for complete information.